Monday, June 11, 2012

ParentLink 9

The article ParentLink 9 Brings Mobile Communications to Parents, Educators caught my eye as a great way to keep parents involved in their children's education. Parlant Technology released this program called ParentLink 9 that is a great way for parents to stay updated on classroom progress. The new program has an app that parents can use on smartphones and tablets to stay in the loop. Many schools already use the ParentLink program, but this new update adds a lot more to the program including an Administrator Dashboard that allows principals to see how their school is doing as a whole in relation to the district, a Tip Line, Attendance Management, Teacher Messaging, and Surveys. This technology seems like a great way to keep everyone involved in the events taking place at school. I haven't heard of this program before, but it definitely sounds like something to look into!

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of schools are going in a route similar to this. We use PowerSchool in my district, and parents can easily keep track of grades, attendance, and discipline by using PowerSchool. It also allows some of the same methods of comparing that Parentlink 9 seems to do. Our community loves it, and I also think it helps us stay more on track as teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our school is switching to a new system for the next school year...Gensis. I don't know if it will do all that parentlink 9 does but I am hoping it at least does some of this. in my classes we will be using Schoology next year and schoology has the mobile apps and all the those kind of things. The only problem I find with all of this technology is the parents have to use it. Which I find few do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is an excellent app for parents who are already involved. I wonder if this would inspire involvement from parents that aren't usually active in their child's schooling?

    ReplyDelete